Talk to us today about your staff survey needs. We’re staff survey experts with over 25 years’ experience.
Consider the questions that are already in your staff survey. If there are other matters unique to your organisation that you want to address you can construct your own questions. Remember to think about how you want to collect the data, be it in the form of a numbered rating, open feedback or other form.
Sample staff survey questions
When constructing your own staff survey questions, for consistency it helps to follow the same response rating scale as the rest of your staff survey, i.e. on a scale of 1 to 7, where 1 is strongly disagree and 7 is strongly agree. This makes data analysis easier and quicker.
- I can envisage a future for myself at [organisation name]
- I care about the future of [organisation name]
- Given the choice again I would apply for a job with [organisation name]
- I fully understand my role in the organisation
- I have a good understanding of all areas of [organisation name]’s business
- [Organisation name] cares for the environment in the work it does
- [Organisation name] supports a balance between work and life
- [Organisation name] has adequate induction for all new employees
- I feel free to tell my manager what I think
- My manager treats me with respect and dignity
- [Organisation name]’s divisions work effectively together
Sample staff survey open-ended questions
Keep the number of open-ended questions in your staff survey to a minimum. Depending on your available time and budget, analysing open feedback can be time consuming and expensive. We suggest two or three open-ended questions. This will give you enough staff feedback to gain more value from your staff survey.
- Is there anything else you would like to comment about [organisation name]?
- Is there anything you would like to communicate to the CEO personally?
- If you could make changes to improve [organisation name] what would they be?
- What would you do to increase performance?
- What would you do to increase people’s effectiveness?
- How do you think we can improve innovation?
- What are three things that you think [organisation name] does well?
- What are three things that you think [organisation name] does not do well?